TLRMC HOSPITAL AUXILIARY/VOLUNTEERS
Volunteers at Twin Lakes Regional Medical Center uphold a long and valued tradition of service to our patients, visitors and employees. The Hospital Auxiliary members are a valuable part of the healthcare team at TLRMC, representing an important link between our hospital and community.
The Hospital Auxiliary exists to support Twin Lakes Regional Medical Center in meeting the health care needs of the people it serves in the most caring, compassionate, and effective manner possible.
The purpose of the Hospital Auxiliary is to render service to Twin Lakes Regional Medical Center, its patients and staff, and to assist the Hospital in promoting the health and welfare of the community in accordance with objectives established by the Hospital.
- To serve the Hospital, and the community as a whole, as "Ambassadors of Good Will"
- To help promote a positive image of the hospital within the community
- To support the emotional well-being of the patients utilizing the hospital’s services
- To provide a friendly, caring and helpful atmosphere for patients and their families, and the Hospital staff
The Auxiliary's primary duty within the hospital is staffing the Information Desk in the main lobby from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday - Friday. Routine duties include: providing general hospital information and directions to patients and the public; providing escorts when needed; and delivering flowers to patients. Beginning in 2010, the Volunteers will also operate the new TLRMC Gift Shop.
For several years, young patients at TLRMC have been given a special friend to help make their visit to the hospital a little less scary. Members of the Auxiliary hand make sock monkeys and other stuffed animals for children coming to the hospital. The animals are given to the young patients and their families at no charge. The volunteers raise the money needed to purchase any supplies or donate materials in addition to their time and talents. The sock monkey program has been honored by the Kentucky Hospital Association.
The Auxiliary's volunteer efforts far exceed their "official" duties. The members also give flowers to hospitalized patients on Mother's Day, Father's Day, Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas, and make "Santa going home" outfits for all babies born at the hospital in December.
INTERESTED IN JOINING?
Contact Bill Oldham at (270) 259-9588 firstname.lastname@example.org or Patty Bratcher at (270) 259-9512 email@example.com if you would like more information or an application to join the TLRMC Auxiliary.
The Auxiliary has donated thousands of dollars in equipment to the hospital through the years. To fund these special projects, its members hold bake sales, sell gently used books and hold other fundraising projects.
The generosity of the Auxiliary has resulted in the purchase of equipment throughout the hospital such as these examples below:
- Oversize wheelchairs for numerous departments throughout the hospital
- A CPR mannequin for the education department
- Bathroom shelving for patient rooms
- A patient education TV/VCR for nursing
- Patient televisions in the Critical Care Unit
- A patient recliner for the Critical Care Unit
- Recliners for chemotherapy patients
- TVs for patient holding rooms in Surgery
- A baby scale for Surgery
- Recliners for patient rooms
- A TV/VCR for chemotherapy clinic
- A TV/DVD for chemotherapy clinic
- High chairs for pediatric patients
- Cots for family members staying with patients
- And, assisted in purchasing newborn hearing screening equipment for obstetrics
Our thanks to the Auxiliary members for their support, interest and enthusiasm, and for the vital role they play each day in our hospital and community.